Cycle King has full workshops and servicing facilities to carry out any repair at all of its retail outlets. Below is a list of prices for all our stores. To book you bike in or if you have any questions regarding servicing please contact your local store direct.
BASIC SERVICE £25+VAT (excluding parts)
- CHECK WHEELS SPIN FREELY
- CHECK AND ADJUST BRAKES
- CHECK AND LUBRICATE CHAIN
- CHECK AND ADJUST GEARS
- CHECK TYRE PRESSURE AND INFLATE TO CORRECT TYRE PRESURE
- INSPECT CYCLE AND LIST ANY RECOMENDATIONS
If you don’t use your bike a great deal this BASIC SERVICE is all you might require. You can gain peace of mind knowing that your brakes work fine and that your gear changes smoothly. Our Mechanic will not undertake any investigative work during this Basic Service, but he will highlight any obvious problem that falls outside this BASIC Service. We will also advice you of any parts that our opinion needs attention or replacing. Naturally any new item fitted will be added on the price of the Basic Service
STANDARD SERVICE £35+VAT (excluding parts)
- CHECK WHEELS SPIN FREELY AND TRUE MINOR BUCKLES.
- CHECK AND ADJUST BRAKES FITTING NEW PARTS IF REQUIRED.
- CHECK AND LUBRICATE CHAIN.
- CHECK AND ADJUST GEARS FITTING NEW CABLES IF REQUIRED.
- CHECK BOTTOM BRACKET FOR WEAR AND MOVEMENT AND ADJUST AS REQUIRED.
- CHECK HEADSET FOR WEAR AND MOVEMENT AND ADJUST AS REQUIRED.
- LUBRICATE ALL CABLES.
- CHECK AND ADJUST WHEEL BEARINGS.
- CHECK ALL NUTS AND BOLTS ARE TIGHT.
- CHECK TYRE PRESSURE AND INFLATE TO CORRECT TYRE PRESSURE.
- CARRY OUT A FULL ROAD TEST.
For the average user we recommend these comprehensive STANDARD SERVICE where we check over the whole bicycle. Any new Parts required will be highlighted by the mechanic when the bicycle is received, but are not included in the price.
ELITE SERVICE £80+VAT (excluding parts)
- FULL STRIP DOWN TO FRAME AND FORKS.
- CHECK WHEELS SPIN FREELY AND TRUE ACCORDINGLY.
- CHECK AND ADJUST BRAKES FITTING NEW CABLES (AND FURTHER PARTS IF REQUIRED).
- REMOVE, DEEP CLEAN, REFIT AND LUBRICATE CHAIN.
- CHECK AND ADJUST GEARS FITTING NEW CABLES (AND FURTHER PARTS IF REQUIRED)
- REMOVE BOTTOM BRACKET , STRIP, CLEAN AND REPLACE OR RE GREASE BEARINGS AND THREADS.
- STRIP HEADSET, INSPECT FOR WEAR AND REPLACE OR RE GREASE BEARINGS.
- STRIP WHEEL HUBS, INSPECT FOR WEAR AND REPLACE OR RE GREASE BEARINGS.
- CHECK TYRE PRESSURE AND INFLATE TO CORRECT TYRE PRESURE OR CHANGE TUBES.
- ALL PARTS ARE REMOVED, CHECKED FOR WEAR, CLEANED AND RE GREASED OR REPLACED AS REQUIRED.
- CYCLE IS RE ASSEMBLED WITH ALL NUTS AND BOLTS TIGHTENED TO CORRECT TORQUE SETTINGS.
- CARRY OUT A FULL ROAD TEST.
If you ride every day we will recommend that you treat your bicycle to an Annual ELITE SERVICE. Similarly, if the maintenance has minimal over the years, this Elite Service will make your bicycle ride like new again. All parts of the bicycle are overhauled. New brakes and gear cables are fitted and all serviceable bearings are stripped, regreased and new balls fitted. The Elite Service comes with a SIX Months Guarantee on the work carried out and a One Year Guarantee on the new parts fitted. Again the cost new parts required (including your choice of cables and bearings) will be highlighted by the mechanic when the bicycle is received, but these are not included in the price
INDIVIDUAL REPAIR COST (All prices are +VAT)
Elite Service -
Subject to availability. Please check in Advance.
Free Safety Check -
We will check your bicycle over and give you a free estimate before carrying out any repair.
ANY make or Type -
We will repair any make or type of bicycle regardless of where you bought it.